One Crazy Fiber Lady

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://crazyfiberlady.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Socks progress

I've made some progress on the socks for the twins. I started the heel on the train home last night and finished it on the couch after they went to bed (and before my eyes started to close). I'm just south of the ribbing now. I should have it done tonight. After that, it is back to Kat's cardigan. I still need to make one for Alex, not to mention a couple of hats for them. If this morning is any indication, cold weather is indeed a comin'. I hate winter. I sorta hate fall too, if only that it is a precursor to winter.



I'll take another picture in better lighting when the socks are all done. The colors are completely lost here. They are soooo soft though. I'm hoping that there is enough yarn left over that I can get a pair out of the remainder. It's a yummy blue-faced leicester, one of my favorite breeds.

Major stash acquisition this weekend. I can't wait for Rhinebeck! I haven't been to a fiber festival since Maryland 2003. The twins were too small to take to Rhinebeck last year and it was just a logistical nightmare to bring them to Maryland. I've been in festival withdrawal. I haven't missed a NYSW festival since I started spinning in '99 was it? I've already pre-ordered a couple of things. I'm getting a featherweight spindle from the Bosworths and a couple of different rovings (Polwarth, Rambo and CVM) from Little Barn. Yeah yeah, like I need more stuff. I've actually been spinning recently. I've put a huge dent into the luscious cream llamney (70/30 llama/romney) that I got from Julie at Foxcross Farm. I've got one more bobbin's worth to spin on the journey wheel and then I'm off to ply on the Lendrum Saxony.

Wish today was over already. Bored at work and sleepy from lunch. Need some coffee. I think a trip to Starbucks is called for.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitting under your desk? Not a bad idea. See if you can get a riser for your desk, and you'ld have plenty of room actually :)

What a world. Many people hide being on the internet while at work, and then folks working on a net related aspect hide working on someta real world project :)

RJ Chandly.

October 13, 2004 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger CrazyFiberLady said...

Ain't that the sad truth. When forced to live in front of a computer all day, I'd much much rather do something concrete. The net is a wonderful place that I've forgotten how to live without and ecommerce pays the bills for me, but I really like a break from producing electronic characters.

October 13, 2004 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home