One Crazy Fiber Lady

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://crazyfiberlady.com/ and update your bookmarks.

What kind of knitter...

While I generally don't like taking quizzes, I had to take this one and share it!

Knitting Guru


You appear to be a Knitting Guru. You love knitting and do it all the time. While finishing a piece is the plan, you still love the process, and can't imagine a day going by without giving some time to your yarn. Packing for vacation involves leaving ample space for the stash and supplies. It can be hard to tell where the yarn ends and you begin. http://marniemaclean.com What Kind of Knitter Are You? brought to you by Quizilla
I think that pretty much sums me up nicely. I actually got some serious knitting time last night. I parked myself on the couch at 8:30 after the twins went to bed, turned on the Yankees/Red Sox game and watched/knitted until the end. I made it well into the raglan reduction area and actually enjoyed watching baseball. How I thought baseball was boring before is beyond me. I can't wait to enjoy the game tonight :)

Yesterday on the train home I was mentally complaining about having to turn the cardigan around as I hit the end of each row. It was then that I remember that I had learned to knit with my other hand and starting knitting back rather than purling. Sweet. I love options. I struggled through this so I could actually follow the complete pattern for that icelandic shawl rather than having to mentally reverse everything. While it isn't quite as fast as my "regular" knitting, it is serviceable and gets the job done.

icelandic shawl

While knitting away on this cardigan, I'm trying to decide what the next project is going to be. While I should, in fairness, start a cardigan for Alexander, I think the needs for hats for the twins is more pressing. I'll have to start swatching the yarn from Chris. Wednesday they are getting their one-year check ups so the Doctor's office will be giving me head measurements. Convenient!

Rhinebeck

I love the festivals. This past festival was no different. Having seen weather reports that predicted a 30% chance of rain, I was very pleased to wake up to a clear blue skies. For a change I didn't need the 45min snooze factor on the alarm clock and bounded out of bed. I was showered and dressed before 6:30! I woke the twins, dressed them around their socks, and we had breakfast. We were on the road by 8am. We picked up Kathy in Paramus at about 8:20 and were heading up north. I had such a nice time chatting with Kathy that I pretty much got into that driving zone and nearly missed the exit. My mind had it that we hadn't been on the road long enough! I was being directed to a parking space at the festival grounds at 9:30am. And I swear, I wasn't driving all that fast! It was a beautiful drive, the sky was clear, the road was pretty empty and the fall foliage was gorgeous.

I met old friends and new friends. I saw copious amounts of fibers, yarn and equipment of all kinds. I tried spinning on a three flyer Golding spinning wheel and fell in love! The treadling was effortless. It was so smooth. There were no bumps, no jerks, nothing. Wonderful wheel. Just needs some serious $$$ to add it to the collection. Vicki suggested that I quickly trade the Goldings one of the twins for the wheel. Hmm, not a bad idea. Since Alex was up at 3:30 this morning, I think I'll trade him :) We won't go into the wonderful $2k+ chair that I sat on to test the wheel. Heaven.

I also tried spinning on a Quebec Canadian Production Wheel by the Merlin Tree. A very very nice wheel. I initially had issues getting the single treadle going but that was a result of the wheel sitting directly on the concrete floor. I changed positions a bit and finally got it going nicely. Now I just need $$$ and space and I can add more wheels to the fold.

I think having the stroller had a positive effect on the checkbook. There were quite a number of places I couldn't take it and contented myself to peek into booths from the main aisle. I met up with friends from various mailing lists that I'm on, as well as from the spinning guild. It was a nice time and I'm sad to see it end. I think I'll bring the twins to Maryland in May!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home