One Crazy Fiber Lady

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://crazyfiberlady.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Another FO...

Last night during the Red Sox game, I ripped out the hat I had started for Alexander out of the angora/silk yarn. I opted for a more kid friendly yarn and found acrylic yarn in a wedgewood blue, Caron's Simply Soft, that for acrylic yarn isn't bad. It's a worsted weight so the hat would take far less time. I found in last year's knitting bag a hat I had started for him out of the same yarn and got my stitch count from that :) Off to Ann Budd's book again with the 5st/in count. I cast on and had the 1x1 rib done by the time the game ended. I started the straight stitching this morning on the train in. It was then that I decided that I needed a field trip to School Products for new dpns. The 8's that I was using were super slick aluminum. Erickka came with me and we went at lunch. I got some very nice bamboo Crystal Palace double pointers. I switched the hat over to them (btw I can knit under my desk ) and had 60% of the knitting done before I got home tonight. I just finished the remainder of it while watching the beginning of the game. Since the boy is already asleep, I couldn't get him to model it. The cabbage patch kid wouldn't cooperate either. Maybe tomorrow.

Alex's new hat

I couldn't just come back with a set of needles now, could I? Nope. I was good the last time I made the trip there with Priya and got NOTHING. I couldn't believe it. I had to make up for that trip, which is just so easy considering how much really nice yarn they have there. What did my little fiber feeling fingers find there for the first time? KOIGU! I've never seen Koigu up close and personal. Being the avid sock knitter that I am, I've wanted to try it for oh so long. Now I have my chance. I picked up two skeins, which with my little feet should be more than enough. I could probably make a pair for Kat out of the remainder. I also decided that I wanted to knit myself a Hogwarts Scarf, so I got myself Lamb's Pride yarn in Gryffindor colors. I also grabbed a size 8 16" circ from Crystal Palace as well to knit the scarf.

School Products yarn purchase

Now the tough decision that I always hate, what do I knit next? The koigu socks? The scarf? A hat for Kat? Decisions, decisions, decisions. I find finishing a knitting project much like finishing a book. I excitedly finish it and then I flounder a bit looking for the next project. This is where I usually get into serious trouble and start far more than one. I'll fiddle with one thing, pick up the next, until either I force myself to finish one or it just grabs my attention. I find that it happens more so when I have the yarn, pattern and inspiration for more than one project and they are all equally calling for me. That's the case right now. I'll figure it out. I'd also like to add a scarf/shawl in a lace out of the angora/silk yarn to the list. I also have to consider something that would be super easy to knit under my desk ;)

Even harder decisions

While I made my decision regarding Yeti, and a new home is being search for, I find myself waffling on the decision to get rid of him. After the twins went to bed last night, I left the baby gate up in the kitchen and took him out to play. Instead of torturing him with a clip (yes I know it is time for one), I figured we'd be best off just playing a bit. Letting him romp around somewhere larger than his cage. He played for an hour, while I restored order to the domicile. Now of course, I'm thinking, 'hell I can do this every night'. 'He's not that much work', and 'geez, clipping him isn't all that terrible'. While his new home is more than a week away, I'm very tempted to see if I can restore his former enjoyable life in that week without exhausting myself. At the very least, I would like to give him his grooming. I just don't know what to do anymore...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home