One Crazy Fiber Lady

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://crazyfiberlady.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Hard decisions

Yeti

It is with a heavy heart that I've come to a decision. I can no longer keep my very sweet abominable snow bunny, Yeti. It isn't fair to him. Before the twins, well before I was confined to the hospital for extended bedrest, Yeti could be seen romping around the living room or kitchen at least 3 times a week, if not every night. He was a happy bunny that would do binkies and turn figure eights around my legs. He would pop up on the couch, do his binkies and then come over to me for a scritchin'. While his cage wasn't always as clean as it should have been, he was fed regularly and a great variety of fresh veggies and some fruits. Unfortunately, with the complications of my pregnancy and now with twins in the house, he's borderline neglected. He does have food and water, the scritch on the nose when I fill his bowl, but his romping days have ended. His feedings aren't scheduled like they used to be and I can be heard asking him, "Have I fed you yet?" Sadly he comes out of the cage solely to be groomed and I'm ashamed to admit that his current grooming is way overdue. While I'm loathe to admit that I am not superwoman and can't do it all, I really am not and this stubbornness only serves to hurt Yeti. He's suffering and its just not fair to him to put him through this. I see him cringe in the corner of his cage almost nightly as one the kids cries for a bottle or has a tantrum because they can't play with something. He had a better life and through no fault of his own, he lost the good times. I just can't continue to subject him to this. He does deserve better and I want that for him. Tears brim my eyes even as I type this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home