One Crazy Fiber Lady

Thursday, November 04, 2004

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://crazyfiberlady.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Knitting progresses

I've actually been making progress on two fronts so far this week. I turned the heel on the first sock I'm knitting out of the Happy Trails Sock yarn in the Blueberries colorway. Here's a picture of that yummy yarn.

Happy trails yarn

I bought this shortly before I found myself lying in the hospital in 2003. I remember getting my mother to hold her hands out so I could wind it into a ball :) Its a wonderful superwash merino wool and it is patterning nicely. IIRC, I started a baby cardigan out of it before I decided that knitting was far too difficult to do while lying on your side in a hospital bed. Saturday I started the first sock while the twins played on the floor. It's been sitting in the basket next to the couch which my every-other-week housekeeper really doesn't want sitting next to the couch. Oh well, tis better to have to replace the basket than scrub the bathroom :) Anyway, these socks are most likely for the twins' daycare teacher. I'm giving the ladies knit items and probably a giftcard to good old b&n for the holidays. I should have plenty of time.

I've also made progress on the Hogwarts scarf. I'm past the halfway point on it. No recent pictures of it, but close your eyes and imagine 6 red stripes with 5 yellow ones :) It has been my commuting buddy. I've actually discovered that I can walk and knit at the same time.. and NOT fall on my face. Probably not quite as alert as NJTransit would like me to be as to my surroundings. Nevertheless, it is still a great project for working on while standing on the platform. I just tuck the end of the scarf in my pocket, or wrap it over my shoulder. Hell, I was tempted to wear it this morning!

Abominable snow rabbits

While I haven't yet had the time and/or energy to tackle Yeti's much overdue grooming, he has been getting a little out of the cage time and a better selection of foodstuff. Last night he had his first taste of brussel sprouts and a yummy stalk of celery. Looked pretty odd lying together in the cage, but I'm slightly twisted. I don't think there is anything on the schedule for this weekend, so I might be able to clip him then. It's just so difficult... well the clip isn't difficult. Its the psyching myself up to do it that is. The last one was three nights of wrestling with him after the twins went to sleep. I know, I know it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't let it get so out of hand. I tell myself that every single time I clip him. Actually Maria surprised the hell out of me and cleaned his cage this week. Holy bunny droppings Batman. Hmmm, now if I could get her to clip him....

1 Comments:

Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Those colours are so beautiful. The yarn looks good, too. Great choice!
Li

November 5, 2004 at 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home