One Crazy Fiber Lady

Monday, December 06, 2004

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit and update your bookmarks.

Little progress

While I had high hopes for the weekend and grand dreams of finishing the glovens (my new name for those funky hunter's gloves wannabee mittens), I barely managed to finish off the fingers of the first one. I was stricken with a stomach virus yesterday that had me napping while the monkeys napped and not knitting. I feel much better today, thank goodness. I felt horrid yesterday. A plus note, I managed to lose the remaining pregnancy weight AND the weight I gained thanks to the fertility drugs. As a weight loss method, I would not recommend it. The twins had it starting Friday and I consider myself fortunate that I seem to have gotten only a 24 hour version.

I also had to cancel out of a get together on Saturday with a very, very long term friend. Erin and I met in summer camp when we were 8. We were best buddies from Junior High onwards. College had us drifting apart though we did attend each other's weddings. We've been in contact with each other on and off, mostly off, since then. Well two summers ago, I did a spinning demonstration at the Putnam County fair. There was a photographer from a local paper taking pictures and he got one of me. I didn't think much of it other than to smile and look cute in my monstrous maternity jumper and continue spinning. I was 24 weeks with the twins at that point and already huge. I'm not a large person to begin with and normally weigh in at @100lbs and 5'0". So my twin pregnancy made me rather big, rather fast. Any I digress. Two weeks later, I get a phone call from Erin. He hubby had been reading the newspaper and there was an article about the fair. They recognized my picture, even though I had last seen her in '97 when we had lunch at the WTC. Long story short, she too had had twins, two girls, after years of fertility issues as well. Amazing. Unfortunately, further contact was limited as the next day I entered the hospital for my 8.5 weeks of bedrest. We did get together last February and her girls are beautiful, friendly and wonderful girls. They are going to be 3 this January I believe. We'll reschedule for after the holidays. But I'm disappointed that we had to cancel for this weekend. I had been looking forward to seeing them.

So there you have my weekend in a nutshell. A little knitting on Saturday while taking care of two little cranky soon-to-be-toddlers, followed by a very long day yesterday. To further add to my misery, because of my highly upset stomach, I didn't have any coffee. So add a wicked caffeine withdrawal headache to the list of discomforts.

As I have no pictures of any progress, being as there was none, I'll leave you with the "family" group shot of my booga bags.

I'm toying with moving this blog to typepad. I've even started my free 30 days there. I'm just not sure if its worth it. Any opinions?


Blogger Nancy said...

So very sorry about your weekend. Both mom and the kids down is a nightmare. Glad to hear you're all doing better. Hope you get to see your friend soon.

I love Typepad. I took their pay-at-once deal (two months free) and the current offer of 10% lifetime discount, which brought my final cost to $80.55/yr for the PLUS membership (includes three blogs and photo albums). I think it's well worth $0.22/day for the level of service and program stablility. Email me if you have more questions.

December 6, 2004 at 6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better!


December 6, 2004 at 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home