One Crazy Fiber Lady

Monday, November 29, 2004

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://crazyfiberlady.com/ and update your bookmarks.

After a LONG weekend

It's amazing how very fast time flies. It seems like yesterday I was getting ready for the long holiday weekend and here it is over already. But then again, it seems like yesterday that the twins were newborns. Alas, time is indeed fleeting.

I hope everyone had a great holiday. Mine was a bit of a mix. Wednesday evening Alexander whacked me on the head with a block giving me a minor concussion. I woke up Thursday with a heck of a headache and a bit dizzy. Not too dizzy to knit mind you, so I finished Booga 3 and cast on Booga 4. Around 11, I packed up the twins and headed over to my parents' house for the holiday. The holiday gathering was great. My family was together, the twins were in good spirits and all had fun. The food was yummy as always. It was so nice being there that we stayed until Saturday. Well okay the dizziness had me staying there until Saturday. Not to mention the head cold that the twins came down with that had them coughing through the night starting Wednesday. A little benadryl and pediacare and they are spiffing up nicely. Good news by Friday night, concussion healed. Bad news, I got the head cold. Sunday was a crafting day. My Voyager Season 5 dvd's did arrive in time for the holiday and I broke them out Sunday and finished knitting Booga 4 and got it in the machine along with #3. I blocked them last night before going to bed. They're currently drying on my stove. I'll have them finished tonight and get pictures uploaded.

booga teacher three

booga teacher three

Bag 4 I did something a little different with. I'm quite pleased with these little bags. I will indeed have to make one for myself, and definitely with the Noro I bought originally for it. I just need a break from the things. I need to knit something else. I picked up the Hatmione, only to fight with the circular needle. I don't like short circs and I didn't enjoy cabling with the dpns. I even tried two circs, but only 8's that I have are short ones. Sigh. Might have to break my diet and buy some needles. I'm also not too terribly sure about the yarn. The lamb's pride is a bit of a pain to cable with and I'm not sure if I'm going to have enough to complete the thing. I also finally started the Koigu socks on Sunday. I've got about 1/2" of 2x2 ribbing done for the cuff. 60 sts on size 1 needles is quite the change from the Booga bags.

Speaking of the diet, I've been very good. I haven't bought a single thing, but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out. I just got the notice for this in my email: Smiley's Yarn Manhattan Riot. That is always a good shopping trip and their featured yarns list has some definitely appealing items. I need more yarn like I need a hole in the head. My eBay super buy arrived on Friday and it is wonderful. I'm definitely knitting Banff with it and will probably cast that on tonight. Saturday that nifty worsted merino/cashmere that I traded for arrived. It's pretty. I cast on the Irish Hiking Scarf using it this morning while waiting for the train. I've made it through the first 3 repeats and have long since memorized the pattern. Once you get past the setup, it is so easy. It should be an elegant, but quick project, while also serving as good cabling practice for the Wensleydale cables sweater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home