One Crazy Fiber Lady

Monday, November 22, 2004

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://crazyfiberlady.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Atkins, South Beach or Weight Watchers...

Which one do you think would work as a YARN DIET?!?!? Or is there Yarnaholics Anonymous?? If there isn't, there should be! Hello, my name is Risa and I'm a yarnaholic. Hello Risa (crowd intones). Oy.

I haven't yet received my order from Elann, though by my reckoning, it should be imminent (another distraction for the long weekend - tis a shame my Voyager Season 5 DVD set won't arrive in time), I've been bidding on more yarn on eBay. Sick sick sick I say. This is the Takhi Soho Bulky Tweed for the Knitty Banff sweater. Oooh that one looks soooooo comfortable. I HAVE to have one. I need more yarn like I need a new hold in my head. BTW, got a call from the nice men at Wooly Knob Fiber Mill that my 6 lbs of cormo are done and will be shipped out Tuesday. Woo, more for the spinning stash. At least it's no longer cluttering up the "to be processed dirty fleece stash". We won't discuss how much is sitting there! Now I just need TIME. Stupid job just gets in the way of the fun stuff.

Oh and wait, there was chatter this morning on the NJFIberFanatics list about Joanns. Well, not having one near me I decided to search and see where the closest one is. No need for that in this wonderful world of ecommerce, they have a large online presence. I hit their site and was greeted with a 50% off one item coupon. Naturally I couldn't turn that down and bought the Artbin Yarn Tote. Yup, need another tote bag. Can never have too many of those.

Now I'm serious, I'm instituting a moratorium on ALL craft stuff. No more yarn. No more needles. No more fabric. No more spinning stuff of any form. No more accessories. Nothing new unless I trade for it getting something I already have the hell out of my home. That's it. A new era of austerity has begun. Hmm, is cold turkey such a good thing? Shouldn't there be a patch for this? I quit smoking with the patch. Sigh.

BTW, I'm back to making booga bags for the kids' teachers. For the life of me, I can't remember why I ripped out Sophie and started the booga on the train this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home