One Crazy Fiber Lady

Friday, November 12, 2004

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://crazyfiberlady.com/ and update your bookmarks.

One more finished object

My very productive month of November continues. In record time for a pair done in sock yarn, I have finished the Happy Trails socks. Here are the project details:

Pattern: Own
Style: Cuff down-2x2 rib
Yarn: Happy Trails Sock Yarn - Superwash Merino
Started: 11/04/04
Finished: 11/12/04


Happy Trails Socks complete

I don't think I've ever completed so many projects in such a short time. The world of blogging has continued to motivate me, as well as inspire me to try some new things. The above socks are an example of that spirit. Until this pair, all socks, and I've knit quite a number of them, have been very plain, ribbed cuff, straight knit remainder socks. This is the first modification of that. The next pair I make, I'd really like to add some cabling to the cuff part, maybe the twisted rib that I saw somewhere. I have to dig out the 365 knitting stitches perpetual calendar which lives near the spinning wheels and see what speaks to me.

As for the socks, I think I'm keeping them. I've changed my mind on gifts for the ladies at Beth Am nursery and Daycare. Instead of making them all socks, they are going to get booga bags.
Thanks to the Knitting Wench for the assistance on this decision. It was with her help that I decided the socks were for me and they get booga bags.. well so will I. She actually dared me to make them and not keep one for myself. Provided it hasn't snowed too badly tonight, I'll head over to Majestic Yarns and pick up a couple skeins of Lamb's Pride in fun colors and make them with that. Whoa, that leaves me without a project on the needles now?!???!?! I can't remember the last time I've had absolutely NO projects in the works. I'm getting all twitchy now with thoughts of completely empty needles. Oh the horror..

Big old happy dance time tonight. I have three favorite people in this world, really favorite. The postman, the UPS man and Mr. Epidural-man :) The first two are serious faves because they leave packages by my door. Since I'm a bit of a senile dork, I have a tendency to forget that something has been ordered and get a huge surprise when I get home. Tonight was one of those wonderful nights. My WOOLEE WINDER for my electric spinner arrived! WHOOPEE. I'm hoping that this will allow me to get some spinning time whilst the twins are out of their cages. I haven't been using any of the wheels since the boy is too curious for his own good. I'm afraid those little fingers will poke through a moving drive wheel before I can stop it. He already has a thing for poking the orifice on the Lendrum castle wheel. I'd like it if I could put my Womack electric spinner on the end table or someplace equally out of little person reach and be able to spin. With the woolee winder I can just spin and spin without having to stop and move hooks. From what I hear, the WW on an electric makes the worlds best plyer. I can't wait to try it out. Maybe tomorrow's post will have a picture of the electric with a bobbin full of freshly spun singles.


1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

this blog rocks. you rock. keep rockin.

November 12, 2004 at 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home