One Crazy Fiber Lady

Saturday, November 06, 2004

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://crazyfiberlady.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Stash Enhancement eXpedition

Excellent SEX today. I finally have a LYS again. I haven't had one since Auntie Knits in Glen Rock closed down. I can't even remember how long ago it was.. though I do have a bag of yarn I got in their Going out of Business sale. It even made it through the purges of last year to get the nursery done.

Anyway, Majestic Yarns had their grand opening today in Ridgewood! Beautiful shop. Not one of those typical yarn stores where it is so cramped and only the owner has any clue where a particular yarn might possibly exist. Nope, not this place. This is a gorgeous shop with nice cubbyhole type shelves well marked and organized. Its owned by the people behind School Products, a favorite lunch fieldtrip destination (witness my two trips in less than a week). The Ridgewood store is nice an convenient to home and has the bonus of NJ's lower tax rate and NO tax on yarn, only patterns and notions. EXCELLENT. As part of the grand opening, there's a 10% discount on all yarns. Do I need more yarn? Does anyone really need more yarn? Could I pass up a discount on gorgeous yarn? The answer to all is a resounding no. Here's a picture of what has been added to the yarn stash (the spinning stash still goes untouched..)

Majestic 11_04

What you see are six balls of Aurora Bulky in a navy destined to be a sweater for Mr. Alex. I got three skeins of Nuro Kureyon to make a booga bag - maybe that will make a good commuter bag, or at the least a good knitting bag where I can also tuck lunch. Two skeins of Koigu for socks, probably for mom. I think I'm pretty well set for a while yarnwise. Oh an hiding under the Aurora and the Koigu is a set of bambo size 10 dpns. I'm slowly replacing all my dopey aluminum dpns with either a bamboo, casein or bryspun. I dislike the alum ones, they are far too slick, unyielding and just unpleasant to work with.

I made some significant progress on the Hogwarts scarf. I finished the last yellow band and have started the last burgundy one. I'll have it done tomorrow and more than likely blocked. I'd really like to have it done done by the end of the weekend. The navy pea coat that I ordered is shipping Tuesday so I should have it later in the week, just in time with both of them for the cold weather that is approaching.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home