One Crazy Fiber Lady

Friday, November 19, 2004

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://crazyfiberlady.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Ooga booga

Booga bag for the first teacher is now done. It was fully dry when I got home from my folks house tonight, so after the twins went to sleep, I set about finishing the bag. Here's the info on it:

Booga Bag - Teacher 1

Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted in M-183 Rosado Rose and M-82 Blue Flannel
Pattern: Booga J's
Started: 11/15/04
Finished: 11/19/04
Felted Size: 7"L x 5"W x 8"H


Booga 1 complete

Duchess of aRat gives the bag her seal of approval

Duchess with booga 1

It is a little smaller than I expected. For me, I'd probably go for the Big Booga pattern. There's also another pattern, Sophie that I found while reading other blogs today. I'm probably going to make the other two bags in that style. Variety is the spice of life, or so they say. Personally, I like a good routine. Must be the cat person in me.

As a note, Lamb's Pride felts like a dream. One trip through the washing machine with a couple of pairs of jeans and the thing was done. I'd highly recommend it for felting/fulling projects. I do have a minor issue knitting with it. It is a singles yarn. Not an energized one normally so you don't have to worry about biasing in the finished knit. Notice I said normally. I find that while I'm knitting with it, twist is added to the single and winds up much tighter spun. It's probably due to the fact that I knit lefty eastern uncrossed, yeah I know interesting mix, and I tend to believe that the way I hold the yarn and wrap around my index finger adds quite a bit of twist. I should really try this but spinning a single in the opposite direction and see if I have the same problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home